Certified Maryland and Delaware Instruction
Get in touch
BECOME TIPS CERTIFIED
Bartenders, Cashiers, Licensee, MANAGERS & Servers of Alcohol
* Notifications to ALL Liquor Board Chairman and their commissioners of your success
* Working/communicating directly with YOUR Liquor Inspector and Commissioners
* Traveling to YOUR place of Business to instruct your team
* Three (3) Hour instruction - any time day or evening
* Available to you and your staff for questions or concerns related to the serving industry
* On Premise - Restaurants, Lounges, Dock Bars, Event Centers & Hotel
* Off Premise - Package Stores and Convenience Stores
* Concessions - Stadium and Event Venues
HOST A CLASS - Arrange training which is convenient for you and your staff. All you provide are tables and chairs!
Why TIPS training? Protecting YOUR Liquor License!
* TIPS training provides establishments with a reasonable effort defense if an alcohol related incident should occur.
* TIPS training your establishment can earn you discounts on liquor liability insurance from over 70 insurance companies nationwide.
* TIPS offers a unique record keeping database that can verify training for liquor boards, insurance companies or establishments. Records are kept forever!
* TIPS sessions capitalize on the skills, knowledge and experience of the session participants and trainers. Emphasis on TEAM WORK!
* TIPS training can be utilized in a community's efforts to address underage drinking, drinking and driving and alcohol misuse.
* TIPS is the only program recognized in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and in 30 foreign countries.
Instructor: J. Terry Ober
Certified TIPS Trainer Approved Through the Maryland Comptroller's Office (since February 2009).
Approved Through Delaware Delaware Alcoholic Beverage Control Commissioner
Instructing over 5,000 Bartenders, Hostess, Cashiers, Managers, Security, Licensee & Servers of Alcohol
Since February 2009, Terry, as an independent trainer, is serving local businesses on Maryland's Eastern Shore and Anne Arundel County, providing TIPS Training to over 5,000 Bartenders, Licensees, Managers and Servers of Alcohol as well as package store Cashiers and Owners.
For more information about TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) and for training you and your employees,
CALL OR TEXT Terry Ober
“Every right has it's responsibilities”
Have some questions?
How do I reserve a Seat for training?
Just push the "Reserve" button next to the desired class you will be attending on the "Training Schedule" Page or text/call 443-995-5367
How do I PAY for the training?
Payment is Due Upon Arrival to class.
Pay by either CASH or CHECK payable to: Terry Ober
How do I receive my Certification Card?
All exams are mailed out to be graded. Approximately 7 business days to obtain Exam Results. Once I receive your Certification Card I will mail it to your HOME or BUSINESS address. Certification is GOOD for Four (4) Years except for D.C. which is three years
What I do I bring to class?
Other than a Check or Cash for Payment and Eye Glasses, you don't need to bring any additional items to class.
How Does My Venue Host a Training?
Choose a Date and Time that is most convenient for you and your staff. All you Furnish are Tables and Chairs. TIPS is a three (3) hour instruction. Minimum of twelve attendees.
Phone: 443-995-5367 Email: email@example.com
How Long is the Training Class?
TIPS is a Three (3) Hour Instruction which includes the Written Exam.
In Class Training required by Maryland.
Classroom: On Premise, Off Premise, and Concessions
Online Training is not acknowledged by the Maryland Comptroller and the Maryland Comptroller's Office. All counties require classroom training for managers. Talbot County requires all employees to be classroom trained. At this time, online training is not recognized by the Comptroller of Maryland.
n Premise, Off Premise, and Concessions
ll counties require classroom training for managers. Talbot County requires all employees to be classroom trained. At this time, online training is not recognized by the Comptroller of Maryland.